Did I use that title for SEO reasons? Why the hell not.
It seems like I can’t get away from the two topics this blog post title refers to but I have to admit, there is nothing wrong with fodder for more SNL sketches, more South Park episodes, and most importantly, something for me to sarcasticly make light of because it consumes the information/controversial/drama-thirsty American social/pop culture. Anytime news like that rolls like a big boulder over cnn.com, I can’t help but attribute a bunch of over the top humor to it, which most of the time reminds everyone that I’m permanently a 13 year old trapped inside this carb-happy 34 year old body of mine.
On Facebook I recommended…errrr…asked if people thought it was too early to run a t-shirt print simply stating, “I have the Swine Flu AND I love bacon.” 80% of the people liked and/or commented on the post that read it. The other 20% gave me some shit about me making a joke out of something that was killing people. Funny thing is that for every 1 person that dies from Swine Flu, 100+ people die from the ‘regular’ household flu. So WTF? To those gettin’ extra emo about it, I’m on board 100% with your empathy but please remember that when people joke nowadays, in this case about the Swine Flu, no one is laughing at someone else’s misery, we aren’t making light of their mortality and worse, their fate in the fact that they happen to catch it and die from it.
It’s just jokes…at no one’s expense really more at the expense of the news and media for over-inflating it. We are all battling things like this in the world together. I firmly believe that the key to the survival of humanity is their ability to find humor in the catastrophes that surround us. ‘Tis the only way.
Obama’s First 100
Oh let the sweet media frenzy latch onto some other goofball idea to attach the consumer’s hungry emotions to.
First off, I’d like to say that I’m EXTREMELY pleased with Obama’s efforts, philosophies, cool-headedness and follow through. Given the shit he is expected to ‘fix’, I’d say he’s been pretty productive so far. So I guess this quick point I’m gonna blarf about (barfing/blogging), is more aimed at the ‘marketing’ of the First 100 Days.
I’m just waiting for the commemorative plate (thanks Don), the key chains, the logos, the flamethrower (thanks Fong), the doll, the skateboard, the commemorative First 100 Days jockstrap and tube top set…..you laugh and have a smirk on your face right now but there’s probably some backwoods jackass producing it somewhere.
Please, everyone in the media, I love how America is so celebratory about everything to the point of thinking we need to have an annual national holiday ‘celebrating’ stuff as trivial as the peanut butter sandwich, BUT, stop pushing it like he’s the second coming of Christ, the Alpha and Omega, Allah, Buddha himself. You know why? Because he’s just a dude…….You know what Obama did on his 100th day in office? He worked. Then on 101st day, he skipped the First 100 Days Sears photo shoot and he worked some more…and that’s what he’s going to do every day until he’s not president anymore….head down..working.