When I’m not spending time with my sons or banging on my drum set, my life long charter is to connect people, inside and outside of my career. With enough creativity and relational intuition to burn for eternity, I have a passion for people, their behavioral patterns, and understand what it takes to pull the heartstrings of current (and potential) customers for any brand in just about any setting through thoughtful storytelling. I’m a customer experience advocate above all in my work and try to focus on connecting with them and making them feel valued in everything I do. As a jack of many marketing trades, I can talk deep technology, shoot professional photos/video at events, and sit down to analyze big data sets when it’s time to illuminate the next key business move.
Senior Manager, Mobile Strategy, Seagate Technology – 2012–2014
My responsibility was to ensure that the Seagate brand provides a best-in-class mobile experience for all Seagate customers: consumers and partners.
- Evaluate key customer entry points for mobile-readiness
- Research, assess and implement progressive mobile marketing methods
- Keep mobile project roadmap aligned with corporate KPI’s
- Launched mobile-ready version of Seagate.com in 14 languages
- Launched mobile-ready version of product registration in 14 languages (web)
- Developed Mobile App strategy for B2B/B2C customers
Senior Manager, Social Media, Seagate Technology – 2008-2012
Responsible for creatively building a global social media footprint with the goal of deepening customer relationships via thoughtful engagement, storytelling and content on the most popular social channels.
- Manage/run customer activations at events like CES and SXSW via Twitter/Facebook
- Professional photographer for Seagate events, internal and external
- Develop data-driven social media strategies for the Seagate brand
- Manage company-wide social media policies, governance
- Deliver insightful social media reports and analysis to customer-facing B/U’s
- Provide basic social media education and training for all departments
- Grew social presence from zero to global presence across multiple social channels (400k+ fans worldwide)
- Wrote and instituted Seagate’s first internal social media policy
- Maintained higher brand mentions over main competition for 4+ years
- Established internal social reporting strategy and process across multiple departments
Social Business Blogger, ZDNet (CBS Interactive) – 2011
Responsible for covering the latest industry news, trends and topics regarding social media and it’s role in business and marketing.
- Wrote 1-2 breaking news pieces that made it to ZDNet’s homepage carousel
- Published 2-3 posts per week for an entire year
- Became principal journalist for ZDNet’s Social Business blog after 3 months of writing
Senior Web Project/Production Manager, Seagate Technology – 2007-2008
Managed all front-end web production projects for Seagate.com including resource allocation, internal stakeholder communications, and execution.
- Organized/managed development resources to ease the process of workload allocation
- Managed several high profile web projects from concept to completion including eCommerce and cross-functional marketing campaigns
Corporate Webmaster, Everyone.Net (now Proofpoint) – 2006-2007
Managed corporate website including branding, analytics and product integration with website (hosted webmail solutions).
- Maintained branding guidelines across all online properties
- Managed web vendor/agency relationships for redesign and technology projects.
Web Build/Release Manager, Workstream, Inc. – 2006
- Established new platform, processes for automated builds for multiple products.
Web Release Engineer, Shopping.com (eBay) – 2005
Shopping.com had multiple develop teams working on front-end products and backend/data warehousing systems. I streamlined all the build processes and methodology into a cohesive platform so that all builds/releases were on time and organized.
- Successfully assisted in migrating thousands of files and sensitive high profile development projects from CVS to Perforce
- Provided version control training to developers and QA teams.
Engineering Webmaster/Tech Lead, Entrust, Inc. – 2000-2003
Established new build/release methodologies across multiple products, organizing the approach for QA/Dev to work more efficiently when testing/developing.
Senior Web Producer, Palm, Inc. – 1998-2000
In charge of web content production for Palm’s developer community.
Community Management, Content Strategy/Execution, Big Data Analysis, Marketing, Video/Film, Corporate Blogging/Writing, Social Channel Event Coverage, Campaign Strategy, Team Leadership & Management, Project Management, Photography
Masters Institute, San Jose, CA – AS, Systems Administration